Register to Vote
You can vote in upcoming elections if:
- You are a U.S. Citizen
- You are 18 years old by the day of the upcoming election
- You've lived in your precinct at least one month before the upcoming election
Pick up a form at the library or go to www.cookcountyclerkil.gov/agency/register-vote
to download the registration form and print it out.
If you don’t have these forms of ID, leave blank the sections asking for your driver’s license/state ID number and last 4 digits of your social security number.
Complete the rest of this form and mail it in. Include a copy of any of the Acceptable Forms of ID or bring any of the Acceptable Forms of ID with you the first time you vote.
Visit any Village Hall, library, or the Cook County Clerk’s Office at the Rolling Meadows Courthouse. Bring two of the Acceptable Forms of ID.
AT EARLY VOTING - OR - ON ELECTION DAY
- Military ID
- Driver’s License or State ID
- School/Work ID
- Vehicle registration card
- Lease, mortgage or deed
- Credit or debit card
- Social Security card
- Medicare, Medicaid or Insurance card
- Union or professional membership card
- LINK/Public Aid/DHS card
- Illinois FOID card
- The following mail addressed to you:
>Bill, School Transcript or Report Card
>Bank or Pension Statement
>Utility, Medical or Insurance Bill
>Official mail from any government agency